School Safety Program
School Safety Program
- ♦ Designated entry and exit points are monitored to control access to the school premises. Visitors are provided with school issued identification for access to campus.
- ♦ Exterior doors to Auditorium, Dance Room are secured when not in use. Policies are in place for visitors with and without appointments for official school business.
- ♦ Bus-loading, unloading, drop off zones and fire zones are clearly marked. School has designated areas for use of parking lots (e.g., staff lot, student lot, visitor spaces).
- ♦ Speed limits are posted and fire hydrants are clearly visible.
- ♦ School front office is clearly marked.
- ♦ First aid/school nurse, office location is clearly marked.
- ♦ Roof access doors are secured and locked. Stairways, hallways, and restrooms are adequately lit.
- ♦ All areas of the classroom are visible from the classroom door.
- ♦ All Classrooms are monitored through CCTV.
- ♦ Security information and training includes training on how to identify suspicious packages.
- ♦ Students do not have access to the school without direct staff supervision.
- ♦ School maintains, reviews, and updates a code of conduct/school handbook.
- ♦ Intercom systems are installed that provide two-way communication between faculty, staff, administrators, and security personnel.
- ♦ A notification protocol is developed that outlines who should be contacted in emergencies and how.
- ♦ The identified point of contact for reporting potential threats is available 24/7.
- ♦ There are clear policies in place for collecting and acting on information about a threatening or potentially threatening situation.
- ♦ Facility has security system installed (e.g., CCTV, IP cameras, digital camera integration, intrusion detection and alarm system).
- ♦ Security camera tapes or recordings are retained for a specified time period.
- ♦ A school security director is appointed to develop, implement, and coordinate all security related activities.
- ♦ School security personnel are visible and regularly present during school hours of operation.
- ♦ Security personnel are deployed to assigned areas to regularly inspect sensitive or critical areas.
- ♦ School faculty and staff are required to use password and unique login information to access electronic files.
- ♦ Students are required to use passwords and unique login information to access electronic files.
- ♦ Video security system is adequately protected against hackers.
- ♦ Safety being a priority for the school, an evacuation plan for the safe exit of all students and staff from the premise is planned & executed accordingly.
- ♦ Regular drills for the safe and quick execution of the evacuation plan are conducted throughout the year for all students and staff.